The recently renovated Hotel Reina Cristina provides stylish, contemporary 4-star accommodation steps away from the history city centre of Teruel Spain. Not only does Teruel have a lot to offer in itself but the hotel is also near Dinopolis, Europe’s largest Dinosaur museum. In keeping with the family-friendly atmosphere of the area, the Hotel Reina Cristina has duplex rooms which are perfect for families. This charming hotel in Teruel Spain blends period buildings with contemporary furnishings (and the odd vintage piece) without sacrificing style or comfort.
A Charming Hotel in Teruel Spain
The Hotel Reina Cristina has an amazing location even before you think about the actual hotel itself. It is a few minutes from the historic city gates and the Plaza de Toros, the main square of the city. Another 10 minutes walk will take you around to the main sites of the city. If you are like me and have children that (a) are not enthusiastic about walking or (b) easily distracted by anything/everything, having such close proximity to the sightseeing is key.
The Duplex Family Rooms
The duplex rooms with their upstairs mezzanine level and terraced area are perfect for families. The room felt spacious thanks to the extra ceiling height provided by the mezzanine level.
I love mezzanine areas for sleeping children. We can tuck them into bed and still have the bedside reading light on downstairs if we are not ready to sleep. In the Hotel Giorgione in Venice we found the mezzanine floor was stuffy. This hotel has good air-conditioning which should avoid this problem of hot air rising to the top of the room.
The Common Areas of the Hotel
Good To Know About Hotel Reina Cristina
- The hotel is arranged over two buildings with a glass walkway connecting both premises.
- When we were visiting, there were other guests who were wheelchair users. This hotel is definitely wheelchair friendly.
- The hotel has parking for cars in the basement accessible by elevator.
- The Wi-Fi was free and excellent.
Check out the reviews on TripAdvisor for the Hotel Reina Cristina.
Things To Do in and Near Teruel
- The city of Teruel has many charming examples of period architecture, particularly Mudejar (Gothic mixed with Moorish influences) and Modernism (Art Nouveau). For example, the Torre del Salvador is a Mudejar-style city gate/tower which has received a UNESCO world heritage listing.
- Dinopolis, a palaeontology museum that combines research facilities, exhibition halls and fun attractions for dinosaur-loving adults and children.
- Teruel is an inland rural province in Aragon with lots of small charming villages such as Aibarracin and Alcaniz.
- Teruel is easily accessible for the small ski resorts of Javalambre and Valdelinares. The pistes are mostly blues and reds and enough to occupy beginning and intermediate skiers for a weekend.
Like the look of Teruel in Spain? Spread the Word! Pin this to your Pinterest Boards for future reference!
My stay was courtesy of the Aragon Tourist Board. All words and opinions are my own. This site also generates income via partnerships with carefully-curated travel and lifestyle brands and/or purchases made through links to them.