Are you a plant lover? Maybe even so far as to call yourself plant parent? Then you will love this plant lover’s bedroom I saw at the Ideal Home Show in London. Not only do plants add beauty and warmth to a room, they bring a little bit of nature inside our home. The old wisdom that has been debunked said you shouldn’t keep plants in the bedroom because they give off carbon dioxide at night. Actually small amounts of carbon dioxide are good for you and hasn’t hurt anyone who slept in the great outdoors! Another reason to keep plants in the bedroom is that certain plants are good for helping you get your beauty rest.
Photo Gallery: A Plant Lover’s Bedroom
Plants Good For Sleep
According to NASA recommendations from their Clean Air Study, you should have a few air purifying plants in each bedroom.
Here are 10 of the best plants for a better sleep for your bedroom:
- Areca Palm adds moisture to the air if you suffer from sinus issues
- Both Aloe Vera and Spider Plant are superstar plants for air purification according to NASA studies.
- English Ivy is another good air purifier and a NASA favourite.
- I like the look of Boston Fern which is a good air purifier but also a bit on the high maintenance side in terms of care.
- All three of the Goldon Pothos, the Snake Plant and the Peace Lily take out harmful household toxins that may be in your room such as formaldehyde.
- If you have trouble getting to sleep, Lavender is a known calming scent and the scent of Jasmine may help reduce anxiety.
Shop The Look
(left to right) Golden Pothos, Snake Plant, Areca Palm, Aloe Vera,
Spider Plant, English Ivy, Boston Fern
Peace Lily, Lavender, Jasmine
Like the look of plants in the bedroom? Spread the Word! Pin this to your Pinterest Boards for future reference!
This site generates income via partnerships with carefully-curated travel and lifestyle brands and/or purchases made through links to them.